ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 361

St Marys Church, Guildford

St Marys Church is an Anglican church in Guildford in Surrey, England; the churchs Anglo-Saxon tower is the oldest surviving structure in the town. Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, the author Lewis Carroll, preached here and his funeral was held in the ...

All Souls Church, Sutton Green

The church was built in 1921 as a memorial to those lost in the recent First World War. It was funded by donations from the local community and was consecrated in March 1922 by John Randolph, the Suffragan Bishop of Guildford. The church has the ...

Church of St Nicholas, Thames Ditton

St Nicholas Church in Thames Ditton, Surrey, England, is a Grade-I listed building Anglican parish church that has parts that date back to the 12th century.

St Marks Church, Woking

St Marks Church is located in Westfield, Woking, England. The church is in the Parish of the South Woking Team Ministry and the Diocese of Guildford.

St Peters Church, Old Woking

St Peters Church is situated in Old Woking, Surrey, England. It is recorded in the Domesday Book. It also has the third oldest surviving door in the British Isles. It also has the oldest door in Surrey.

St Andrews Church, Alfriston

St Andrews Church is the parish church of Alfriston, East Sussex, England. This Grade I listed building was built in the 1370s and is also known as the Cathedral of the Downs. It sits on a small, flint-walled mound, indicating that it was the sit ...

St Marys Church, Glynde

The Church of St Mary the Virgin is a Grade II* listed Anglican church in the village of Glynde in East Sussex. It was built in the 1760s by Richard Trevor, bishop of Durham, whose family seat was the adjacent Glynde Place.

St Pancras Church, Kingston near Lewes

St Pancras Church is the parish church of Kingston near Lewes in East Sussex, England. The church building was built in the 13th century and is protected as a Grade II* listed building.

Lullington Church

Lullington Church, also known as the Church of the Good Shepherd, on the South Downs at Lullington in East Sussex is one of several churches claimed to be the smallest church in England. It was built from the remains of the chancel of an earlier ...

All Saints Church, Lindfield

All Saints Church, Lindfield is a Grade II* listed Church of England church in Lindfield, West Sussex, England, built in the Middle Ages in the Early English style. The church is built of Sussex and Ardingly sandstone and dates mainly from the ea ...

St James Church, Birdham

The parish church of St James, Birdham is situated on the Manhood Peninsula in Sussex. The area is a suburban extension of the city of Chichester, popular as a place to live and visit from its nearness to the city, Chichester Harbour and marina. ...

Holy Trinity Church, Bosham

Holy Trinity Church is a Grade I listed Anglican church, a parish church in Bosham, West Sussex. There was a church on this site in Saxon times, and the oldest parts of the building date from that time.

St Marys Church, Broadwater

St. Marys Church, Broadwater, is a Church of England parish church in the Worthing Deanery of the Diocese of Chichester. It serves the ecclesiastical parish of Broadwater, West Sussex and is named after St. Mary. St Marys is one of several church ...

St John the Evangelists Church, Chichester

St John the Evangelists Church is a redundant Anglican church in the cathedral city of Chichester in West Sussex, England. Built in 1812 to the design of James Elmes as a proprietary chapel, the octagonal white-brick "evangelical preaching house" ...

St Wilfrids Chapel, Church Norton

St Wilfrids Chapel, also known as St Wilfrids Church and originally as St Peters Church, is a former Anglican church at Church Norton, a rural location near the village of Selsey in West Sussex, England. In its original, larger form, the church s ...

St Catherine of Siena Church, Cocking

St Catherine of Siena Church is an Anglican parish church in Cocking, a village in the district of Chichester, one of seven local government districts in the English county of West Sussex. The oldest parts of the church date from the 11th century ...

Coombes Church

Coombes Church is a Church of England parish church in the rural hamlet of Coombes in the Adur District of West Sussex, England. It has served the rural parish, northwest of Shoreham-by-Sea and next to the River Adur, since the 11th century. Desp ...

St John the Baptists Church, Crawley

St John the Baptists Church is an Anglican church in Crawley, West Sussex, England. It is the parish church of Crawley, and is the oldest building in the town centre, dating from the 1250 - although many alterations have been made since, and only ...

St Symphorians Church, Durrington

St Symphorians Church is an Anglican church in the Durrington area of the borough of Worthing, one of seven local government districts in the English county of West Sussex. The original 13th-century chapelry declined and fell into ruins in the 17 ...

Holy Trinity Church, Rudgwick

Holy Trinity Church is the Anglican parish church of Rudgwick, a village in the Horsham district of West Sussex, England. The oldest part of the church is the font, which is made from Horsham or Sussex Marble and dates from the 12th century. The ...

St Margarets Church, Ifield

St Margarets Church is an Anglican church in the Ifield neighbourhood of Crawley, a town and borough in West Sussex, England. It is the ancient parish church of the village of Ifield; the medieval settlement was expanded to form one of the New To ...

St Peters Church, Selsey

St Peters Church is the Parish Church of Selsey, West Sussex and dates from the 13th century. The Church building was originally situated at the location of St Wilfrids first monastery and cathedral at Church Norton some 2 miles north of the pres ...

St Mary Our Lady, Sidlesham

St Mary Our Lady is the parish church of Sidlesham in West Sussex, England. The church is down a short lane off the Chichester to Selsey road, by some thatched cottages. The current church originates from around 1200, probably on the site of an e ...

St Michael and All Angels Church, Southwick

St Michael and All Angels Church is an Anglican church in the town of Southwick in the district of Adur, one of seven local government districts in the English county of West Sussex. Some Saxon-era structural work is still visible despite rebuild ...

St Marys Church, Walberton

St Marys Church is an Anglican church in the village of Walberton in the district of Arun, one of seven local government districts in the English county of West Sussex. Its 11th-century origins are now mostly hidden behind the results of extensiv ...

St Nicholas Church, West Itchenor

In around 1175 Hugh Esturmy was given permission by the Bishop of Chichester John of Greenford and the Prebendary of Wightring to build a chapel in Itchenor. Between 1180 and 1197 Bishop Seffrid II allowed the chapel to be converted into a little ...

St John the Baptists Church, Westbourne

The Anglican Church of St John the Baptist, Westbourne is situated in the village of Westbourne, West Sussex. The church is part of the Diocese of Chichester and is dedicated to the beheading of John the Baptist.

Christ Church, Worthing

Christ Church and its burial grounds in Worthing, England, were consecrated in 1843 by the Bishop of Chichester, Ashurst Turner Gilbert, to meet the need for church accommodation for the poor. Built by subscription between 1840 and 1843, the Chur ...

St Pauls Church, Worthing

St Pauls Church in Worthing, England, was opened in 1812 as the Worthing Chapel of Ease. It was built so that the residents and visitors to the newly created town of Worthing would not need to travel to the parish church of St Mary in Broadwater. ...

Church of St Thomas the Martyr

The Church of St Thomas the Martyr, Newcastle upon Tyne, is one of the most prominent city centre landmarks, located close to both universities, the city hall and main shopping district in the Haymarket. It is a 19th-century Anglican re-foundatio ...

St Hildas Church, South Shields

The church, the parish church of South Shields is said to be on the site of a chapel founded by St Aidan circa AD 647 and placed in charge of St Hilda. Some restoration work was carried out in 1675 by Robert Trollope. In 1753 a north aisle was ad ...

St Andrews Church, Presteigne

St Andrews Church is a Church of England parish church in Presteigne, Powys, Wales. It was first constructed in the 9th century by the Anglo-Saxons and retains elements of the original Anglo-Saxon church within a Norman renovation and later Victo ...

St Nicholas Church Stoke

St Nicholass Church, formerly called St Marys Church until 1881, is a Church of England parish church in Church Stoke, Powys, Wales. The churchs current building is largely the result of 19th-century reconstruction, but it retains its 13th-centur ...

Baxterley Church

This small grade II listed parish church is of square plan. The windows in the c. 12th–century chancel are small. The church has been extended in the 13th, 14th and 19th–centuries. The font is 15th–century. The church dates from Norman Times and ...

Church of St Peter and St Paul, Coleshill

The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, often referred to as Coleshill Parish Church, is a parish church of the Church of England located in Coleshill, Warwickshire. The church is a Grade I listed building.

St. Marys Church, Cubbington

St. Marys is the parish church of Cubbington, Warwickshire, England. Denominationally it is part of the Church of England. The original church building was constructed in the early 12th century with many alterations taking place since. The buildi ...

Church of the Resurrection, Hurley

Church of the Resurrection is a small wooden Church of England church in Hurley, Warwickshire, England, dating from 1861 It is part of the parish of Baxterley with Hurley and Wood End.

St Nicholas Church, Kenilworth

St Nicholas Church is a Church of England parish church in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England. The church is built of local red sandstones. The main phases of building are Decorated Gothic, Perpendicular Gothic and a Gothic Revival Victorian resto ...

Church of St Peter & St Paul, Kingsbury

Church of St Peter & St Paul is a Church of England parish church in the village of Kingsbury, Warwickshire, England. It is the only Church of England church in the parish and it dates from the 12th century

Holy Trinity Church, Leamington Spa

Holy Trinity Church was started in 1825 as a daughter church of All Saints Church and opened in 1847. It was designed by Mitchell of Leamington Spa. It was enlarged in 1865, and more work took place in 1881 when the transepts were enlarged and a ...

St John the Baptists Church, Leamington Spa

The church of St John the Baptist was built between 1877 and 1878 to designs by the architect John Cundall of Leamington. It was recently reroofed at a cost of £250.000 by Brown Matthews Architects. It is a parish of the Society of St Wilfrid and ...

St Pauls Church, Leamington Spa

St. Paul’s Church was built between 1873 and 1874 to designs by the architect John Cundall of Leaminton. It was formed from the parish of St. Marys. The church had 1150 seats, half free, and half rented to pay the Vicars stipend. The church and a ...

St Mary Magdalenes Church, Lillington

St Mary Magdalenes Church, Lillington is the Church of England parish church of Lillington, Warwickshire, a part of Royal Leamington Spa with a population of about 11.000. The church is at the junction of Vicarage Road and Church Lane. It has bee ...

St Mary The Church of Our Lady, Merevale

St. Mary The Church of Our Lady Merevale is an historic parish church in Merevale, Warwickshire it is known for its Jesse window, it was originally part of Merevale Abbey but is now a Church of England parish church.

St Michael & All Angels Church, Wood End

St Michael & All Angels Church is a Church of England church in the village of Wood End, Warwickshire, England. Built in 1906, this small wooden church is part of the parish of Baxterley with Hurley and Wood End

St Chads Church, Wishaw

The church dates from the 13th century. There was a major addition around 1700, and a substantial restoration in 1886 – 1887. The pulpit was obtained from St Mark’s Church Ladywood when it was demolished in 1947.

All Saints Church, Allesley

All Saints Church is a mediaeval church in the Allesley area of the City of Coventry, in the West Midlands of England. The building is grade I listed, though churches in ecclesiastical use are exempt from listed building procedures. The church is ...

Church of St Thomas, Dudley

The Church of Saint Thomas is a parish church in the town of Dudley, in the West Midlands county in England. Known locally as Top Church, as opposed to the Bottom Church of St. Edmunds, it was originally established in the 12th century, when it w ...

St Lukes Church, Holbrooks

Today Saint Lukes remains as a sign of the Churchs presence in Holbrooks and still offers its parishioners a place where they can meet with their fellow-worshippers, bring their deepest needs and concerns and also mark personal and family events, ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →