ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 295

List of public art in St Jamess

This is a list of public art in St Jamess, a district in the City of Westminster, London. St Jamess lies to the north of St Jamess Park, a former hunting ground attached to St Jamess Palace. The Mall, marking the northern boundary of the park, wa ...

Charles II Street

Charles II Street is a street in St Jamess in the City of Westminster, London. It runs roughly west to east, starting from the middle of the east side of St. Jamess Square, crossing Regent Street where it becomes Waterloo Place, and ending at Hay ...

Haymarket, London

Haymarket is a street in the St Jamess area of the City of Westminster, London. It runs from Piccadilly Circus in the north to Pall Mall at the southern end. Located on the street are the Theatre Royal, Her Majestys Theatre, New Zealand House, a ...

King Street, St Jamess

King Street was probably named after Charles II, and is first mentioned in ratebooks in 1673, having been known before as Charles Street. The 1200-seat St Jamess Theatre on the corner with Duke Street opened in 1835, but was demolished in 1957, d ...

The Mall, London

The Mall is a road in the City of Westminster, central London, between Buckingham Palace at its western end and Trafalgar Square via Admiralty Arch to the east. Near the east end at Trafalgar Square and Whitehall it is met by Horse Guards Road an ...

St Jamess Place

St Jamess Place is a street in the St Jamess district of London near Green Park. It was first developed around 1694, the historian John Strype describing it in 1720 as a "good Street. which receiveth a fresh Air out of the Park; the Houses are we ...

St Jamess Street

St Jamess Street is the principal street in the district of St Jamess, central London. It runs from Piccadilly downhill to St Jamess Palace and Pall Mall. The main gatehouse of the Palace is at the southern end of the road, and in the 17th centur ...

Aberdeen Place

Aberdeen Place is a street in St Johns Wood, London. It was laid out after 1823 on the site of a farm once owned by the wealthy yeoman John Lyon, who founded Harrow School in 1571. The farm was located in the former Lisson Manor and was held by t ...

Cavendish Avenue

Cavendish Avenue is a street in St Johns Wood, London. Cavendish Avenue runs north to south from Circus Road to Wellington Place, and is parallel to Wellington Road to the west. At its southern end lie the grounds of Lords Cricket Ground. Number ...

Hamilton Terrace

Hamilton Terrace is a wide, tree-lined residential thoroughfare in St Johns Wood, London. It runs north to south from Carlton Hill to St. Johns Wood Road, and is parallel to Maida Vale to the west. The street was named after Charles Hamilton, a H ...

St Johns Wood Road Baptist Church

St Johns Wood Road Baptist Church is an evangelical Baptist church in St Johns Wood, London. The church is situated between Lords Cricket Ground and Maida Vale.

St. Johns Wood Church Grounds

St Johns Wood Church Grounds is a disused graveyard which is now a public park in St. Johns Wood in London. It is a Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade 1, and the only Local Nature Reserve in the City of Westminster. Since 2 ...

The Star, St Johns Wood

The Star is a pub at 38 St Johns Wood Terrace, St Johns Wood, in the City of Westminster, London. The pub has been renamed Drunch reopening in May 2017. It was a pub for 200 years before closing in March 2015. The following month Westminster City ...

List of mayors of St Pancras

This is a list of mayors of the Metropolitan Borough of St Pancras, London, from 1900 to 1965. After 1965, the metropolitan borough became part of the London Borough of Camden. 1954-55 Councillor Arthur Bryant A.M.I. B.E. 1964-65 Councillor C.J. ...

St Pancras Workhouse

St Pancras Hospital is part of the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust in the St Pancras / Somers Town area of central London, near Camden Town. The hospital specialises in geriatric and psychiatric medicine.

St Pancras Old Church

St Pancras Old Church is a Church of England parish church in Somers Town, Central London. It is dedicated to the Roman martyr Saint Pancras, and is believed by many to be one of the oldest sites of Christian worship in England. The church is sit ...

Arbour Square

Arbour Square is a late Georgian square in Stepney, in the borough of Tower Hamlets, east London, England. It is located just off the Commercial Road A13 approximately one mile 1.6 km east of the City of London. The square is currently laid out a ...

St Dunstans, Stepney

St Dunstans, Stepney is an Anglican Church which stands on a site that has been used for Christian worship for over a thousand years. It is located in Stepney High Street, in Stepney, London Borough of Tower Hamlets.

Stoke Newington Church Street

Stoke Newington Church Street is a road in north London of the borough of Hackney. The road links Green Lanes in the west to Stoke Newington High Street, in the east. Stoke Newington is one of the villages swallowed by the growth of London in the ...

Streatham Common

Streatham Common is a large open space on the southern edge of Streatham in the London Borough of Lambeth. The shallow sloping lower half of the common is mostly mowed grass, and the upper half is mostly woodland with some small areas of gorse sc ...

Tooting Commons

The Tooting Commons consist of two adjacent areas of common land lying between Balham, Streatham and Tooting, in south west London: Tooting Bec Common and Tooting Graveney Common. Since 1996, they have been wholly within the London Borough of Wan ...

Canada Water bus station

Canada Water bus station serves the Surrey Quays area of the London Borough of Southwark, London, England. The station is owned and maintained by Transport for London. The bus station was opened in 1999 at the same time as the Jubilee line extens ...

Mayow Park

Mayow Park, formerly known as Sydenham Recreation Ground, is a municipal park in London Borough of Lewisham. Located on Mayow Road in Sydenham, south east London, it is the boroughs oldest park and its second oldest public open space after Blackh ...

Sydenham Wells Park

Sydenham Wells Park is located in Sydenham, south east London. It includes parks and fields. The park is owned by the London Borough of Lewisham and maintained by Glendale. Wells Park is named after medicinal springs which were found in Sydenham ...

History of Thornton Heath

The London suburb of Thornton Heath sits at the base of the southern slopes of the Norwood Hills in a glacial valley which was formed during the last ice age. The river Graveney, a tributary of the river Wandle, is the remnant of the original wat ...

St Benedicts Hospital

The hospital was established in a disused Roman Catholic College building as the Tooting Home for the Aged and Infirm in 1897. During the First World War it served as the Church Lane Military Hospital and after the wat it became a home for soldie ...

Bruce Grove

Bruce Grove is a ward in Tottenham, enclosed by Lordship Recreation Ground, Lordship Lane, Philip Lane, and the High Road. The population of the ward at the 2011 Census was 14.483. Nearby Bruce Castle was named after Robert the Bruce. When Robert ...

Tottenham High Road

Tottenham High Road is the main thoroughfare through the district of Tottenham, in the London Borough of Haringey. It runs from Edmonton in the north to Stamford Hill in the south. It follows, for the whole of its length, the course of the erstwh ...

OFB (group)

OFB, also known as Original Farm Boys, is a British drill group based in Broadwater Farm, Tottenham, North London. OFB is one of the most prominent UK drill groups.

Totteridge

Totteridge is an old English village, now a residential area in London Borough of Barnet, England. It is a mixture of suburban development and open land situated 8.20 miles north north-west of Charing Cross. It is part of the Whetstone postal dis ...

Darlands Lake Nature Reserve

Darlands Lake Nature Reserve is a nature reserve south of Totteridge Village in Barnet, England. It is owned by the London Borough of Barnet and was managed from 1971 by the Hertfordshire and Middlesex Wildlife Trust, and more recently by the bor ...

Poynters Grove

Poynters Grove, sometimes known as Pointers Grove or Poynters Hall, was a house that once existed in Totteridge, north London. The house was originally in the ownership of Sir Richard Gurney, a royalist in the English Civil War and Lord Mayor of ...

Totteridge Common

Totteridge Common is a 3.7 hectare Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade II, in Totteridge in the London Borough of Barnet. The nature reserve is the southern verge of the road Totteridge Common, between Totteridge Park and Oa ...

Totteridge Green

Totteridge Green is a five hectare Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade II, in Totteridge in the London Borough of Barnet. It is also registered common land. The nature reserve is the land on both sides of the road, Totteridg ...

Hillingdon Civic Centre

Hillingdon Civic Centre is the headquarters of the London Borough of Hillingdon, located in Uxbridge. It was designed by Andrew Derbyshire and is one of the most famous buildings in the British neo-vernacular style. It was planned from 1970, buil ...

1 Palace Street

1 Palace Street is a 302.377 sq ft development on Palace Street in Victoria, London, opposite Buckingham Palace. Abu Dhabi Financial Group ADFG bought the site for £310 million in 2013, and it is being developed by Northacre, which is 70% owned b ...

Green Line Coach Station

Green Line Coach Station is a coach station in London, England, situated in Bulleid Way, Victoria. The station offers regional coach services to various destinations to the north and west of London by Green Line Coaches and others, and tour buses ...

Walthamstow bus station

Walthamstow Bus Station serves the Walthamstow area of Waltham Forest, London, England. The station is owned and maintained by Transport for London. The station can be accessed from both Selborne Road and High Street as well as Walthamstow Centra ...

Higham Lodge

Higham Lodge or Higham Hill Lodge was a building in Walthamstow built in the late 17th century. It was expanded by the William Dillwyn after he took over the building. Dillwyn married Susan Weston, who inherited nearby High Hill from her father L ...

Kelmscott School

Kelmscott School is a secondary comprehensive school in Walthamstow, East London, UK. The school has approximately 900 pupils aged 11–16. In 2008 the school underwent an £11.2m refurbishment as part of the Building Schools for the Future program. ...

Willowfield School

Willowfield School is a six form entry, mixed gender secondary school in Walthamstow, East London with 840 students on roll. It admits 180 girls and boys to Year 7 each year. The current headteacher is Clive Rosewell, who succeeded John Hemingway ...

Raines House

Raines House, sometimes called Raine House, is a Grade II* listed house in Raine Street, Wapping, London E1. This listing recognises the buildings special architectural or historic interest.

Wapping Wall

Wapping Wall is a street located in the East End of London at Wapping. It runs parallel to the northern bank of the River Thames, with many converted warehouses facing the river. On this street is the Wapping Hydraulic Power Station, built in 189 ...

Abbey Road DLR station

Abbey Road DLR station is a Docklands Light Railway station in West Ham in the London Borough of Newham, in east London, England. It is located on the Stratford International extension of the Docklands Light Railway.

Kensington Row

Kensington Row is a £2 billion development in West Kensington, London W14. It is beside Warwick Road, south of Kensington High Street. Kensington Row is being built by St Edward, part of the Berkeley Group. The development comprises 160 apartment ...

Warwick Road, Earls Court

Warwick Road is located in the Earls Court district of the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea in London. The road began to be laid out around 1822 and was gradually extended south to Old Brompton Road over a number of decades. It is a major no ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →