ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 237

Philippi Historic District

The Philippi Historic District is national historic district located at Philippi, Barbour County, West Virginia, USA. It encompasses 113 contributing buildings and one contributing structure dating from the mid-19th century through early 20th cen ...

Wheeling Historic District

Wheeling Historic District, also known as the Wheeling Central Business District, is a national historic district located at Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia. The district includes 205 contributing buildings in the central business district o ...

Robert C. Woods House

Robert C. Woods House, also known as the Jacob S. Rhodes House, is a historic home located at Wheeling in Ohio County, West Virginia, United States. It was built between 1839 and 1845, and is a ​ 2 1 ⁄ 2 -story, 13-room brick dwelling, with an It ...

Scrabble, West Virginia

Scrabble is an unincorporated community in Berkeley County, West Virginia, United States. According to the Geographic Names Information System, the community has been known as Hard Scrabble, Hard Scrabble Town, and Hardscrabble throughout its his ...

Baltimore and Ohio and Related Industries Historic District

The Baltimore and Ohio Related Industries Historic District comprises a portion of Martinsburg, West Virginia to either side of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad line as it runs through the city. The district includes the Baltimore and Ohio Railroa ...

Clarksburg Downtown Historic District

Clarksburg Downtown Historic District is a national historic district located at Clarksburg, Harrison County, West Virginia. The district encompasses 119 contributing buildings in 16 blocks of the central business district of Clarksburg. It inclu ...

Downtown Elkins Historic District

Downtown Elkins Historic District is a national historic district located at Elkins, Randolph County, West Virginia. It encompasses 65 contributing buildings in the central business district of Elkins. It includes mostly commercial buildings cons ...

Downtown Richwood Historic District

Downtown Richwood Historic District is a national historic district located at Richwood, Nicholas County, West Virginia. The district includes 51 contributing buildings in the central business district of Richwood. They consist of mostly two and ...

Fleming–Watson Historic District

The Fleming–Watson Historic District comprises 365 buildings and 1 structure of architecture significance on 84 acres in Fairmont, West Virginia. It is in two irregular sections separated by a ravine, approximately bounded by Fairmont Avenue, Sec ...

Henderson Hall Historic District

Henderson Hall Historic District, is a historic home and national historic district located near Williamstown, Wood County, West Virginia. It encompasses 10 contributing buildings, 4 contributing structures, 1 contributing site, and 1 contributin ...

Walton Wait House

Walton Wait House is a historic home located at Parkersburg, Wood County, West Virginia. It was built between about 1860 and 1870, and is a two-story, frame house in a transitional Greek Revival / Italianate style. It has a gable roof with an int ...

Spring Hill Cemetery Historic District

Spring Hill Cemetery Historic District is a national historic district located at Charleston, West Virginia. The district is a 172-acre site located on a series of tree shaded and landscaped hills overlooking central Charleston and includes the f ...

Barboursville Historic District

Barboursville Historic District is a national historic district located at Barboursville, Cabell County, West Virginia. The district encompasses 20 contributing buildings in the central business district of Barboursville and mostly contains sever ...

West Union Downtown Historic District

West Union Downtown Historic District is a national historic district located at West Union, Doddridge County, West Virginia. It encompasses 27 contributing buildings that include the commercial and civic core of the town, and surrounding residen ...

Blennerhassett Hotel

Blennerhassett Hotel is a historic hotel located at Parkersburg, Wood County, West Virginia. It opened in 1889 and is in the Queen Anne style. The hotel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. A full restoration took place ...

Brock Hotel (Summersville, West Virginia)

Brock Hotel, also known as the Brock House, is a historic hotel located at Summersville, Nicholas County, West Virginia. It was built about 1890, and is a large 2½-story, frame dwelling. It features broad, shady porches and high pitched twin gabl ...

North Street Historic District (New Martinsville, West Virginia)

North Street Historic District is a national historic district located at New Martinsville, Wetzel County, West Virginia. It encompasses 23 contributing buildings that include a residential and commercial area of New Martinsville. Most of the bui ...

Salem Historic District (Salem, West Virginia)

Salem Historic District is a national historic district located at Salem, Harrison County, West Virginia. The district encompasses 28 contributing buildings in the central business district developed after a devastating fire in 1902. The district ...

Williamson Historic District

Williamson Historic District is a historic district in Williamson, West Virginia that roughly is bounded by the Norfolk and Western Railroad tracks, Pritchard, Poplar, Park, Mulberry and Elm Streets.

Monroe Street East Historic District

Monroe Street East Historic District is a national historic district located at Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia. The district encompasses six contributing buildings. They are a Greek Revival style church built in 1837, a Roman-Tuscan style d ...

Virginian Railway Yard Historic District

Virginian Railway Yard Historic District is a national historic district located at Princeton, Mercer County, West Virginia. The district includes 14 contributing buildings, 1 contributing site, and 1 contributing structure related to the Virgini ...

Summers House

The Summers House is a historic house located at 805 Loudon Heights Road in Charleston, West Virginia. Elizabeth and Okey Summers had the house built circa 1939; Elizabeth was active in theater, while Okey was a prominent local banker. The house ...

Trump–Lilly Farmstead

The Trump–Lilly Farmstead is a historic farmstead located near Hinton, in Raleigh and Summers County, West Virginia. The property includes seven contributing buildings and one contributing site, representative of a frontier Appalachian farm. The ...

Parkinson & Dockendorff

Parkinson & Dockendorff was an architectural firm based in La Crosse, Wisconsin, that was known for its works designed from 1905 through the 1930s. The firms two named partners were Albert Edward Parkinson and Bernard Joseph Dockendorff. The firm ...

Bellin Building

The Bellin Building is a historic office building constructed by the Bellin-Buchanan Building Co. on the corner of East Walnut St. and S. Washington St. in downtown Green Bay, Wisconsin. The building is a waypoint on the Packers Heritage Trail. T ...

East Park Historic District (Stoughton, Wisconsin)

The East Park Historic District in Stoughton, Wisconsin is a 7 acres historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. It includes East Park and 19 contributing buildings which overlook it from the north and w ...

Grimm Book Bindery

The Grimm Book Bindery is located in Madison, Wisconsin. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986 and to the State Register of Historic Places in 1989.

Medford Post Office

The 1937 Medford Post Office is located in downtown Medford, Wisconsin. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. Until 1937, Medfords post office was housed in the J. W. Benn Building, just up the street. Benn was appoint ...

Henry Spencer Smith House

Henry Spencer Smith was a son of pioneer and industrialist Elisha D. Smith. Located within the East Forest Avenue Historic District, the house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982 and to the State Register of Historic Pla ...

Dr. Charles G. Crosse House

The Dr. Charles G. Crosse House is a historic home built circa 1865 and located at 133 W. Main Street in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993. Charles G. Crosse moved to Sun Prai ...

Durwards Glen

Durwards Glen is a historic property located in the town of Caledonia, Columbia County, Wisconsin, northeast of the village of Merrimac. The land encompasses a ravine nestled between steep bluffs, part of the Baraboo Bluffs adjoining the Wisconsi ...

Chauncey Hall House

The Chauncey Hall House, also known as Knight House, is located in Racine, Wisconsin, United States. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Designed by architect Andrew Jackson Downing, it is a two-story red brick house ...

William T. Leitch House

The William T. Leitch House is a historic house located at 752 East Gorham Street in Madison, Wisconsin. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 18, 1975.

Adam Dunlap Farmstead

The Adam Dunlap Farmstead, built by a Yankee settler family, was one of the first farms in the Town of Mazomanie, Wisconsin. A number of the original structures, built around 1849 from stone quarried on the farm, are still intact. The farmstead w ...

Stephen Warren House

The Stephen Warren House is a historic house located in Hartland, Wisconsin. It is a two-story cream brick house built in c.1855 upon a stone foundation for Stephen Warren, the first European-descent settler in Hartland. It has elements of Greek ...

Water Street Commercial Historic District (Shullsburg, Wisconsin)

The Water Street Commercial Historic District in Shullsburg in Lafayette County, Wisconsin is a 7 acres historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. It included 34 contributing buildings. It includes Shu ...

Bedrud-Olson Farmstead

The Bedrud–Olson Farmstead is a highly intact tobacco and dairy farm with surviving buildings built between 1856 and 1915 in Christiana, Dane County, Wisconsin. It was added to the State and the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. In 18 ...

John and Margaret Bell House

The John and Margaret Bell House is located in Spring Prairie, Wisconsin. The two-story stone house, built of local sandstone c. 1850 sits on a 3.8 acre parcel. It was originally part of an 80-acre parcel and with other parcels was part of a farm ...

Capt. Alexander A. Arnold Farm

The Capt. Alexander A. Arnold Farm is located in Galesville, Wisconsin. The farm is located near U.S. Route 53 across from Gale / Ettrick / Trempealeau High School at 19408 Silver Creek Road. The farm once belonged to Speaker of the Assembly and ...

Central House Hotel

The hotel was built by Adam Bobel, a Prussian immigrant who had served with the 20th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry Regiment during the American Civil War. After a fire in 1881, the building was largely re-built. In 1898, the hotel was overly crowd ...

Coman House

The Coman House is a historic house located at 581 Third Street in Trempealeau, Wisconsin. It is locally significant as the best example of the Italianate style in the village. It was the first brick house built in the community.

Commercial Hotel (Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin)

Originally known as the Schweizer Block, this Italianate-styled building first housed retail, offices and storage. It later became the Commodore Hotel, the Commercial Hotel, and the Fort Crawford Hotel. The building was added to the State and the ...

William Dwelley House

The William Dwelley House is a historic house located at 1002 4th Street in Hudson, Wisconsin. It is locally significant due to its association with William Dwelley and also its incorporation of the Italianate style of architecture. It is a two-s ...

Main Street Historic District (Darlington, Wisconsin)

The Main Street Historic District in Darlington, Wisconsin is roughly bounded by Main, Ann, Louisa and Wells Streets. It was listed as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. It included 40 contributing buildings ...

Main Street Historic District (Lake Geneva, Wisconsin)

The Main Street Historic District in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin is a 2.5-acre historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on January 11, 2002. The listing was amended in some way in a revised listing on March 5, 2002 ...

Old Main Street Historic District (Racine, Wisconsin)

The Old Main Street Historic District in Racine, Wisconsin is an area including a section of Main Street and which is roughly bounded by Second St., Lake Ave., Fifth St., and Wisconsin Ave. It is a 17-acre area with elements dating back to 1847. ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →