ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 214

Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort metropolitan area

The Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of the two southernmost counties in the Lowcountry region of South Carolina, centered on the town of Hilt ...

Okatie, South Carolina

Okatie is an unincorporated suburban community west of Hilton Head Island, located in Beaufort and Jasper counties, in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. Okatie takes its name from the nearby Okatee River, an estuary of the Port Royal Sound. The h ...

Parris Island, South Carolina

Parris Island is a former census-designated place in Beaufort County, South Carolina, United States, and formerly also spelled Paris Island. The population was 4.841 at the 2000 census. As defined by the U.S. Census Bureau, Parris Island is inclu ...

Charleston, South Carolina metropolitan area

The Charleston metropolitan area is an area centered on Charleston, South Carolina. The U.S. Office of Management and Budget designates the area as the Charleston–North Charleston, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area, a metropolitan statistical area ...

Ashley River Historic District

Ashley River Historic District is a historic district located in the South Carolina Lowcountry near Charleston, South Carolina, United States. The Historic District includes land from five municipalities, almost equally split between Charleston a ...

Grand Strand

The Grand Strand is an arc of beach land on the Atlantic Ocean in South Carolina, United States, extending more than 60 miles from Little River to Winyah Bay. The term Grand Strand dates back to a November 19, 1949 The Myrtle Beach Sun column tit ...

High Hills of Santee

The High Hills of Santee, sometimes known as the High Hills of the Santee, is a long, narrow hilly region in the western part of Sumter County, South Carolina. It has been called "one of the states most famous areas". The High Hills of Santee reg ...

Ellicotts Rock

Ellicott’s Rock is a survey marker placed in 1811 by Andrew Ellicott as part of his survey to resolve the boundary dispute between the U.S. states of Georgia and North Carolina. The boundary dispute involved a brief armed conflict between the two ...

Singletons Graveyard

Singletons Graveyard is an historic plantation cemetery located off SC 261 in the High Hills of Santee, 6 miles south of Wedgefield, South Carolina. On May 13, 1976, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.

Aberdeen, South Dakota micropolitan area

The Aberdeen Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in South Dakota, anchored by the city of Aberdeen. As of the 2010 census, the μSA had a population of 40.602.

Vanderbilt Archeological Site

The Vanderbilt Archeological Site is an archaeological site located on the shore of Lake Oahe in Campbell County, South Dakota, near Pollock, South Dakota. The site contains the remains of a Native American Plains village which has been tentative ...

Spokane, South Dakota

Spokane was originally intended to be a gold mining town, but the Spokane Mine also produced silver, lead, beryl, copper, mica, hematite, graphite, and zinc. Both the town and mine were founded in 1890. 1927 was one of the towns best years, when ...

Molstad Village

Molstad Village, designated by the Smithsonian trinomial 39DW234, is an archaeological site in Dewey County, South Dakota, United States, near the city of Mobridge. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964. The site contains the remai ...

Bloom Site

The Bloom Site, designated by the Smithsonian trinomial 39HS1, is an archaeological site in Hanson County, South Dakota. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964. The site is located in the watershed of the James River. It contains th ...

Cave Hills National Forest

Cave Hills National Forest was established as the Cave Hills Forest Reserve in South Dakota by the General Land Office March 5, 1904 with 23.360 acres. After the transfer of federal forests to the U.S. Forest Service in 1905, it became a National ...

Short Pine National Forest

Short Pine National Forest was established as the Short Pine Forest Reserve in South Dakota on July 22, 1905 with 19.040 acres. It became a National Forest on March 4, 1907. On July 1, 1908 it was absorbed by Sioux National Forest and the name wa ...

Arzberger Site

The Arzberger Site, designated by archaeologists with the Smithsonian trinomial 39HU6, is a major archaeological site in Hughes County, near Pierre, South Dakota. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964. It is a large fortified villa ...

Pierre, South Dakota micropolitan area

The Pierre Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in South Dakota, anchored by the state capital city, Pierre. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 19.253.

Brownsville, South Dakota

Brownsville, also known as Avalon, Esthers Place, and Andersons Place, is an unincorporated community in Lawrence County, South Dakota. The town was originally a lumber camp, and it was named for contractor David Brown. It is the nearest communit ...

Carbonate, South Dakota

Carbonate, also known as Carbonate Camp, West Virginia, Virginia, and Carbonate City, is a ghost town located in Lawrence County, South Dakota, United States.

Greenwood, Lawrence County, South Dakota

Greenwood, also known as Laflin, is a ghost town in Lawrence County, South Dakota, United States. According to the book" Deadwood Saints and Sinners” by Jerry L. Bryant and Barbara Fifer, Robert Flormann died of pneumonia in Nome, Alaska, on July ...

Maitland, South Dakota

Maitland, originally called Garden City and sometimes misspelled Midland, is a ghost town in Lawrence County, South Dakota, United States. It was a mining community that boomed during the Black Hills Gold Rush, but was abandoned by about 1915.

Novak, South Dakota

Novak was founded next to Greenwood, South Dakota, as the latter began to decline, in the early 1900s. Investors in the Safe Investment Mine and Mill settled in Novak. Safe Investment grew to have a bad reputation, as investors realized that they ...

Sioux Falls, South Dakota metropolitan area

The Sioux Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of four counties in South Dakota, anchored by the city of Sioux Falls. The metro area is referred to locally as the Sioux Empire. ...

Langdeau Site

The Langdeau Site, designated by the Smithsonian trinomial 39LM209, is an archaeological site in Lyman County, South Dakota, near Lower Brule. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1964. The site was one of the first to provide evidence ...

Rapid City, South Dakota metropolitan area

The Rapid City Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of Meade and Pennington County in South Dakota, anchored by the city of Rapid City. As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population ...

Wounded Knee Battlefield

The Wounded Knee Battlefield, known also as Wounded Knee, was the site of the Wounded Knee Massacre of 1890 in South Dakota, United States. As "Wounded Knee", an 870-acre 350 ha area was designated a U.S. National Historic Landmark in 1965. Along ...

Rimrock Area, South Dakota

The Rimrock Area is a suburban area of Rapid City, South Dakota located along South Dakota Highway 44 and Rapid Creek in the eastern Black Hills, between Rapid City and US-385. The area consists of a series of rural residential areas, subdivision ...

Sheridan, South Dakota

Sheridan, originally called Golden City, was an early mining camp in Pennington County, South Dakota, United States. It was the first county seat of Pennington County from 1877 to 1878. It is now submerged under Sheridan Lake.

Emmet, South Dakota

The Emmet community started as early as 1871. The area was settled by an Irish-German colony, originating from Galena, Illinois. The community once had a general store, Emmet Hall, and St. Josephs Catholic Church. Eventually, the railroads passed ...

Elza, Tennessee

Elza was a community in Anderson County, Tennessee, that existed before 1942, when the area was acquired for the Manhattan Project. Its site is now part of the city of Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

Freel Farm Mound Site

The Freel Farm Mound Site is an archaeological site and burial mound of the Woodland cultural period located on the Oak Ridge Reservation in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The site was excavated in 1934 as part of the Norris Basin Survey by the Tennessee ...

Freels Farm Mounds

The Freel Farm Mound Site is an archaeological site and burial mound of the Woodland cultural period located on the Oak Ridge Reservation in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The site was excavated in 1934 as part of the Norris Basin Survey by the Tennessee ...

Burlington Heights, Cleveland

The community is predominantly residential, with a few industries. Burlington Heights is located in northern Cleveland between Interstate 75 on the west, Paul Huff Parkway on the north, and the U.S. Route 11 Bypass Keith Street on the east. State ...

Centenary Avenue Historic District

The Centenary Avenue is one of the oldest historic districts in Cleveland, Tennessee. It is bounded by Eighteenth, Harle, Thirteenth and Ocoee Streets, is located adjacent to the Ocoee Street Historic District, and is regarded as one of the wides ...

Cleveland Commercial Historic District

The Cleveland Commercial Historic District is a historic district located in the central business district of Cleveland, Tennessee. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017.

Cleveland metropolitan area, Tennessee

The Cleveland, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in southeast Tennessee – Bradley and Polk – anchored by the city of Cleveland. As of the 2010 census, the ...

Ocoee Street Historic District

The Ocoee Street Historic District is a historic district and neighborhood located in downtown Cleveland, Tennessee along U.S. Route 11 that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 13, 1995. It is located adjacent to th ...

Hopewell, Cannon County, Tennessee

Hopewell was a former unincorporated community in Cannon County, Tennessee, United States. It lay at an elevation of 784 feet. The Hopewell Baptist Church, which has held services since 1833, remains standing. However, the area that was formerly ...

Happy Valley, Carter County, Tennessee

Happy Valley is an area in the city of Elizabethton and adjacent unincorporated Carter County, Tennessee, on the west side of Elizabethton. Happy Valley has a historical association with the Taylor family estate based at Sabine Hill. Happy Valley ...

Johnson City metropolitan area, Tennessee

The Johnson City Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of three counties in East Tennessee, anchored by the city of Johnson City. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 181 ...

Jackson metropolitan area, Tennessee

The Jackson, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties - Madison and Chester - in western Tennessee, anchored by the city of Jackson. As of the 2010 census, the M ...

Tullahoma-Manchester micropolitan area

The Tullahoma-Manchester Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of three counties in central Tennessee, anchored by the cities of Tullahoma and Manchester. As of the 2000 census, the μS ...

Liberty Historic District (Liberty, Tennessee)

The Liberty Historic District is a historic district in Liberty, Tennessee, United States. Encompassing 76 contributing properties in an area of 85 acres, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. Buildings in the histori ...

Awalt, Tennessee

Awalt was likely named for John Awalt, an early settler. A post office was established at Awalt in 1845, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1906. In the 1870s Awalt contained a sawmill and a gristmill. The settlement of Awalt ...

Morristown metropolitan area, Tennessee

The Morristown, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of three counties - Grainger, Hamblen, and Jefferson - in eastern Tennessee, anchored by the city of Morristown. As of t ...

Diamond Island (Tennessee)

Diamond Island is a river island on the Tennessee River in Hardin County, Tennessee. Diamond Island was so named on account of its diamond shape. Diamond Island was purchased jointly by William Albert Warren and his brother Joshua Warren in 1851 ...

Swallow Bluff Island

Swallow Bluff Island is a river island on the Tennessee River in the U.S. state of Tennessee. The island is 69 acres in size. The island was named for the swallows which congregated there. Swallow Bluff Island contains the ancient Swallow Bluff I ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →